A weekend course covering the basics of spinning, weaving and natural dying. As always we will focus on what the group wants and also within the group there will be space to individualize with groups kept at a maximum of 4.
The course runs from 10A.M. to 4:30 P.M. first two days and finishes at lunchtime on the third day. Cost is €240.
April 29th - May 1st
June 3rd - 5th
July 29th - 31st
Aug 5th - 7th
Sept 2nd - 4th
This week long workshop will give an opportunity to explore deeper into the setting up process in weaving and the preparation needed to visualize a project.We will also look at different plants and methods within the naturally dying process. As always we will facilitate individuals to focus on their own particular areas of interest. This is possible due to the size of groups (maximum 4)
The course runs from 10A.M. to 4:30 P.M. finishing on Friday at lunchtime. Cost is €320.
June 12th - 16th
July 3rd - 7th
Aug 21st - 25th
Sept 25th - 29th
Price for week long workshop inclusive of lunch and materials is €320.
Christine van der Heide will visit Clare Island on August 14th, 15th and 16th 2017.
In this workshop we will make stencil prints on silk with ricepaste and dye with natural dyestuff. The technique is based on the Japanese Katazome method of printing. It is a resistprint. For the workshop I developed a simpler way of printing and we will use natural dyes of Clare Island for the colours.
* Clare Island retreat centre (vegetarian guesthouse available off season) +353 (0)98 25412 / www.yogaretreats.ie / email@example.com, 3min walk from the Ballytoughey Loom.
* Sea Breeze B&B, Mary Moran +353 (0)98 26746
* Granuaile House B&B (also self-catering cottage) +353 (0)98 26250
* Go Explore Hostel +353 (0)98 26307 www.goexplorehostel.ie
* Cois Abhain B&B, Marie Agnes O'Malley +353 (0)98 26216
Taxi and bike hire, Briget O'Leary +353 (0)98 25640
See the finding us page for location map of B&Bs and information on ferries